Camellia japonica 'Mary Costa'
A medium sized evergreen shrub, Camellia japonica 'Mary Costa' has a rounded, compact habit with handsome, pure white double anemone form flowers in spring.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A medium sized evergreen shrub, Camellia japonica 'Mary Costa' has a rounded, compact habit with handsome, pure white double anemone form flowers in spring. These flowers stand out very well against the dark, green glossy leaves.
Excellent choice of shrub for spring interest!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Neutral or preferably acid soil. In chalky areas Camellia japonica 'Mary Costa' can be grown in a large container with ericaceous compost.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: Feb - March.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Notes: Prune to shape if required after flowering but before new growth begins in spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), To grow in a pot
You might also like