Camellia japonica 'Black Tie'
A handsome Camellia which has masses of double, medium sized, dark red flowers in mid spring.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 16 - 20 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A handsome Camellia which has masses of double, medium sized, dark red flowers in mid spring. These flowers are eye catching and contrast very well with the lush, dark green leaves. This cultivar is suitable for growing a large container and is a good choice for most garden sizes. After flowering, the dark green foliage can make an excellent backdrop for other flowering plants!
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Neutral or preferably acid soil. In chalky areas, Camellia japonica 'Black Tie' can be grown in a large container with ericaceous compost.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: Dark red
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Camellia japonica 'Black Tie' grows to be a medium sized, compact shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: Prune to shape if required after flowering but before new growth begins in spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), To grow in a pot
You might also like