Betula albosinensis 'Conyngham'
(Chinese Red Birch) This graceful selection of Chinese Birch is thought to have arisen as a seed of Betula albosinensis 'Septentrionalis' and has beautiful pink and silvery-pink bark that fades to cream and white.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
This graceful selection of Chinese Birch is thought to have arisen as a seed of Betula albosinensis 'Septentrionalis' and has beautiful pink and silvery-pink bark..
Betula albosinensis 'Conyngham' is also notable for having exceptionally long, yellow-green catkins which hang from its branches in late spring. An excellent small to medium sized tree that can be grown as a single or multistemmed specimen.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous (moderate if grown as a multi-stemmed tree)
- Habit: Betula albosinensis 'Conyngham' grows to be a medium sized tree with a slender habit.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems, Catkins
You might also like