Achillea millefolium 'Red Beauty'
(Yarrow) A lovely perennial, Achillea millefolium 'Red Beauty' has flat clusters of deep crimson flowers in summer and fine green leaves.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A lovely perennial, Achillea millefolium 'Red Beauty' has flat clusters of deep crimson flowers in summer and fine green leaves. Ideal for a sunny herbaceous border, the flower heads can be dried or left standing in the border for early winter once dead, where they will look stunning when rimmed with frost.
Achillea millefolium 'Red Beauty' is also very good for attracting bees and butterflies to your garden.
- Position: Full sun or very light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Achillea millefolium 'Red Beauty' grows to be a small, clump forming perennial.
- Height: up to 60 - 80 cm (approx 2 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- Notes: The flower stems should be cut back to the ground and removed in late winter. The Achillea is native to Europe and is named for the mythical Greek hero Achilles
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Small, Herbaceous - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like