Ashby de la Zouch
1) How much is it for a delivery within the UK?
We use a next day delivery service for most of the UK (or up to 2 days for parts of Scotland and Islands). Prices below are for ANY number of plants sent via courier to an address in this area.
Please select 'Standard UK delivery' followed by your delivery area from the menu on our order page.
- £8.95 - Any address in England, Wales and Southern Scotland (up to Edinburgh & Glasgow)
- £11.45 - Isle of Wight
- £16.00 - Northern Scotland & Highlands (North of Edinburgh & Glasgow)
(this area should be selected on the order form for the following postcodes: AB 31 to AB 38, AB 40 to AB 56, IV 1 to 28, IV 30 to 32, IV 36 to 40, IV 52 to 54, IV 51, 55 & 56, IV63, KA 27 & 28, KW 1 to 14, PA 20, PA 21 to PA 38, PA 41 to 49, PA 60 to 78 , PH 4 to PH 41, PH 42 to 44, PH 49, PH 50,
- £25.00 - Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Scilly, Scottish Islands (including Skye, Lewis and Harris, Arran, Shetland & Orkney)
- Please Enquire - for deliveries to the Channel Islands. Please email us with the list of plants you are interested in for a quote.
2) How quickly will my plants be delivered?
- For delivery as soon as possible - If you need the plant(s) delivered ASAP please let us know by leaving a note in the 'Special Instructions' part of our order page and we will prioritise your order to be packed & sent as soon as possible. You can also email us at email@example.com or call our office on (01530) 413700.
- Normal delivery - If there is no hurry, plants are usually dispatched by overnight courier once packed and ready (usually within one or two working days, or up to five or six days in very busy seasons such as late Spring or Autumn). We will usually call or email you to confirm the estimated delivery date.
- To delay the delivery - If you need the delivery after a certain date, for example: delivery in 2nd week of October, to arrive by 27th August for a birthday, delivery between 8th - 12th March when we are at the property, etc, please let us know by leaving a note in the 'Special Instructions' part of our order page.
When your order arrives we will reserve the plants and delay the delivery to suit you. You can also email instructions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on (01530) 413700.
3) Will the plants arrive safely?
How do we pack the plants - All our plants are packed carefully by hand into reinforced cardboard boxes in our mail order department. We do our utmost to package and protect the plants so that they do not get damaged on their way and so damage to plants during transit is very rare.
- What should I do if there is a problem - Despite our efforts at packing, plants are inherently fragile and so in the unlikely event of a breakage or problem, just let us know as soon as possible (or within 7 days of receipt at the latest) by calling our office on (01530) 413700 or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will ask for a photo of any damage to be emailed to us but the plants are guaranteed whilst in transit and so we will sort out any problems for you.
4) Can I order plants online and collect them from your nursery?
5) I won't be in when the plants are delivered, what will happen?
The plants can be left in the prearranged safe location, for example by the front door, back door, greenhouse, etc. (Please let us know where to leave them in the 'Special Instructions' section of the order form).
For our basic delivery service, the plants can be delivered at any time between 8am and 5.30pm. We are not able to specify an exact delivery time during the day!
We can arrange a special timed or weekend delivery if you prefer but this will be significantly more expensive and needs to be arranged by calling our office on (01530) 413700 to discuss your preferred options and get a delivery quote.
Due to the large amount of time and effort on our part to arrange such deliveries, a £50 minimum (before postage) is required for orders from EU countries
How can I make an order for delivery to my country?
Please use our website and select 'Overseas Delivery' on the order page. Select your country from the drop down menu which then appears. We can currently send plants to Belgium, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Ireland and the Netherlands.
If your country does not use postcodes, please enter '000000' into the post code box on the order form
If your country is not listed here, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
How much is it to have plants sent to my country?
Our courier gives us International quotes based on a full sized box of plants. Each of our boxes can hold up to five plants safely for the same postage cost.
The delivery charge by road express on our website to countries within the EU is as follows:
- Ireland: £25 per box
- Belgium: £35 per box
- France: £35 per box
- Germany: £35 per box
- Netherlands: £35 per box
- Italy: £45 per box
- Spain: £45 per box
Are there any plants you cannot send to EU countries or are there any other restrictions?
The largest boxes we can send to EU countries are 150 cm long. Therefore any plants ordered must be 150 cm or less in the height listed on our plant descriptions in the 'supplied sizes' section
Also, several different types of plants are restricted and cannot be sent by us out of the UK to other EU countries.
The plants we cannot send out are as follows:
- Castenea (Chestnut)
- Chaenomeles (Ornamental quince)
- Crataegus (Hawthorn)
- Cydonia (Quince)
- Humulus lupulus
- Malus (Apple including ornamental cultivars)
- Mespilus (Medlar)
- Prunus (Cherry Trees)
- Pseudotsuga menziesii (Douglas-fir)
- Pyracantha (Firethorn)
- Pyrus (Pear)
- Sorbus (Rowan and Whitebeam)
- Trachycarpus fortunei (Chinese Windmill Palm)
- Vitis (Grape)
I live outside the United Kingdom, do the plants I have ordered come with a guarantee?
We offer a seven day guarantee for plants sent to EU countries only. This is to cover the safe delivery of the plants.
We cannot give any further guarantee on their continued good health due to the potentially extreme change in climatic conditions that they will experience on arrival in your country.
I live in the USA, Canada or outside the European Union, can I have plants delivered?
We are very sorry, plants cannot be sent to countries outside the European Union at this time.